20 8 / 2014
Anonymous said: Know any good dirty 10/rose fics or awesome blogs who write them?
Oh, do I ever…
SMUTTY TEN/ROSE FIC RECS
A really good reference for older fics (I get the feeling the lists haven’t been updated too recently?) is Bad Wolf Rising. Check out all the ‘reading rooms’ on the right hand side of the page, the themed reading room is my favourite… Check the comments below each list too for additional recommendations.
One of my favourite writers of smut is rointheta : her fics are gorgeous and the plots are amazing, especially if you’re into long, drawn-out sexual tension: check out In the Dark, Questions, Dares, and Deflections, Drawn Together, and Two Weeks especially. She also has some great one-shots. Actually, read all her stories; you won’t regret it.
I also love love love basically anything by these writers:
- jellyneaufan (e.g. Heeled)
- rudennotgingr (e.g. Turpentine Chaser)
- sinecure (e.g. the Priest!D ‘Verse)
- leftylain (e.g. Llamas and Jail Cells and Shagging, Oh My!)
- re-sile (e.g. Chained)
- mariechambers (e.g. Taking Turns)
- WhoMe (e.g. Kings and Lords)
- RadiantTopaz (e.g. Of prophecy and demons)
- allrightfine (e.g. Target Survival Maneuvers)
- rallalon/bendingsignpost (e.g. Scratching the Itch)
- tardismate (e.g. New Boots and Panties)
- jinni (e.g. Matchmaker, Matchmaker)
Specific stories also include:
- The Cool Burn of Midnight (SCAngel)
- A Bit Weird (Jezebel)
- Double Negative (Jezebel)
- A Splash of Orange, A Thread of Gold (Abelina)
- Tethered (naughtybunny23; actually, anything by this author!)
If you’re also into Nine/Rose (OMG that relationship in fics is just the BEST) or multi-era, I recommend
- TeaWithLemon (e.g. The WInter Season and Cannon in Canon)
- red light special (e.g. Laundry)
- Kitten (ALL)
- Lillibet (ALL)
I’ve definitely missed some of my favourites: I don’t bookmark very well so I’m relying a lot on memory. And some of the best tend to leave me… quite brainless by the end… :-)
I’ve tried to link to Ao3 sites whenever possible because although I read mostly on Teaspoon, I know it can be awkward to leave comments/reviews under your own name for the smuttier of fics. But authors LOVE acknowledgement, even if the story is years old, so take advantage of the anonymous ‘kudos’ feature on Ao3 if you enjoy any of the above fics!
p.s. I’ve tried to find tumblr sites for all of the above authors by I may have missed a few due to screen name changes etc. If there’s anyone I should include a blog link for, let me know!